I am a die-hard Sabyasachi fan, but I’ve learnt to appreciate other people who make equally beeaaauuuttiifooooll clothes. Take Anita Dongre for example. Given a choice, I’d love to adorn all of Dongre’s outfits which are basically, beautiful creations dunked in pastels and sequins. Also, her indo-western pieces make my eyes pop hearts, every single time.
Enough about why I love Dongre clothes and time to let you see them for yourselves. (Try NOT to lust over them.)
1. Hello, sunshine and frills. SIGH.
2. Let’s take a moment to appreciate this muted metallic beauty of a blouse.
Motifs of summer trickle onto light, exquisite fabrics this season. Stories of love have been crafted on Chanderi weaves with traditional Rajasthani embroideries. Available online and in stores. Location: @evolvebackresorts . . . #AnitaDongre #AnitaDongreReadyToWear #SongsofSummer #SS18 #SS18Campaign
3. When Kim Kardashian wants to strut in your lehenga – DROOL.
Social media superstar @kimkardashian in this dreamlike Lehenga with vine and deer motifs inspired by the whimsical land of Rajasthan… for the @vogueindia March 2018 issue. Photo Courtesy: @gregswalesart Stylist: @anaitashroffadajania Hair: @chrisappleton1 Makeup: @makeupbymario Manicurist: @tombachik #AnitaDongre #AnitaDongreCouture #KimKardashian #KimKardashianWest #VogueIndia
4. If you want to LOOK like a real-life fairy, here’s your chance, ladies!
5. If ONLY we could head to work looking like THIS.
Gota Patti, a beloved Indian craft where tiny hand cut leaves of zari ribbons are placed onto fabric in beautiful motifs of nature… @santoshishetty flaunts this gorgeous craft in our Ashwaari Jacket with brocade trousers. . . . #santoshishetty #anitadongrebridalcouture #anitadongreaccessories #anitadongrecouture #treeoflove #anitadongre #houseofanitadongre
6. When a Banarasi print morphs itself to make you look like a LEGIT princess.
In a handwoven Benarasi Lehenga with motifs of summer gardens and a handwoven malkha silk Sherwani with our signature elephant motif intricately crafted onto the collar, the gorgeous couple, @shahidkapoor and @mira.kapoor are a beautiful vision in white. Mira wears traditional Rajasthani Jadau jewellery by Anita Dongre Fine Jewellery crafted by @jet_gems @thehouseofpixels . . . . @r.elan.official #anitadongre #anitadongrefinejewellery #lfw #anitadongrecouture #songsofsummer #anitadongrerunway
7. Who wouldn’t want to wear THAT dhoti gown for a Sunday brunch?
8. I simply want to roll in this magical shade of golden-yellow!
9. You could add a sash to your suit and be a ninja, says Anita!
10. THAT lehenga NEEDS to be MINE!
Opting out of traditional gifts, our #AnitaDongreBride did the inevitable by raising $20000 for charity in her wedding. Thank you #AnishaJindal for letting us to be a part of your earth-friendly wedding with a beautiful purpose. #AnitaDongre #AnitaDongreBride #AnitaDongreCouture #AnitaDongreBridalCouture #TreeofLove #bridaldiaries #RealBride #bettertomorrows Photo credits: @bambino_international
11. Alia rocking the black and white like a true style champ.
12. Just a reminder, keep earning those bucks because you deserve this power suit. K, bye.
13. Completely, shamelessly in LOUVE with this Mughal green wonder.
14. And then ladies and gents, you have the nude embroidered shirt that is a dream come true.
15. Can I just wear this and NOT get married?
16. Orange is TRULY the new black.
17. Of course it’s Sonam. And of course it’s a gorgeous Rani pink lehenga that you’re going to cry for.
“It has always been my dream to present Indian textile crafts on a global platform. @sonamkapoor took on #NewYork City’s shimmering sunlight in intricate, handcrafted gotapatti, making Indian handcrafts look like they just belong here in this fashion capital” – Anita Dongre Necklace: @anitadongrepinkcity (crafted by @jet_gems) Magazine: @bazaarbridein